Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Kevyn Wiskirchen
Some finding from the 2017 Missouri Firearms Deer Hunting Survey include:
• Most firearms hunters believe there are about the right number (53.9%) or too few (34.8%) deer in the area they hunt most.
• In 2017, all regions of the state had an increase in the number of firearms hunters who felt the number of deer in the area they hunt most was “about right” compared to 2016.
• 80.7% of firearms hunters hunt exclusively on private land.
• Most (74.0%) of firearms hunters believe CWD is a threat to Missouri’s deer population.
• Estimated trips/kill was lowest during the Early Youth portion at 5.7 and highest during the Alternative Methods portion at 17.2.
No subscription needed